2. The website has arisen out of a research project of the Dahrendorf Programme for the Study of Freedom at St Antony’s College in the University of Oxford (the “Project”); and this website is operated by the Chancellor Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford, whose administrative offices are at University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD (the “University”).
3. The University is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and in the content published on it. Those works are protected by national and international laws. All such rights are reserved.
4. Copyright in any content published on the website by any registered user is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike licence. For the avoidance of doubt, this licence does not extend to any trade mark, logo or service mark published on this website nor any image not contributed by a registered user.
5. By contributing content via the website (whether as a registered user or not) you grant to the University and all those connected with the Project a non-exclusive, limited licence to:
(a) publish, reproduce, distribute, display, store and archive the content in all forms, formats and media (whether now known or developed at a later date) throughout the world;
(b) translate, the content into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the content or other derivative works based on the content and exercise all of the rights set out in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries extracts and derivative works; and
(c) license others to make use of your content in accordance with a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk/.
6. All content contributed to the website must comply with the website’s Community Standards.
8. Unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this website are those of the individual making them, and not those of the University; and the University accepts no responsibility or liability for any content contributed to the website by a user (whether registered or not).
9. The University does not make any warranty that information contained on this website, or any site linked to this website, is complete, accurate or up-to-date; and the University is not responsible for the results of reliance on any such information.
10. The University is a charitable foundation devoted to education and research; and in order to protect its assets for the benefit of those objects, the University imposes the following limits on its liability. To the extent permitted by law, the University expressly excludes:
(a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity;
(b) any liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the website, and any site linked to it and any content on it, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable; and
(c) any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of data, loss of goodwill or wasted management or office time, in each case whether direct or indirect and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
11. You may use the website only for lawful purposes. In particular, but without limitation, you may not use the website:
(a) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
(b) in any way that is fraudulent, or has any fraudulent purpose or effect;
(c) to contribute or transmit any content which does not comply with the website’s Community Standards;
(d) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (e.g. spam); and
(e) to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
12. You also agree:
(b) not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (i) any part of this website; (ii) any equipment or network on which the website is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of the website; or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned by or used by any third party.