Social media’s unequal representations
We require and create open, diverse media so we can make well-informed decisions and participate fully in political life.
Timothy Garton Ash
A personal introduction
Here is one of the most important reasons we need freedom of expression. How can we make good decisions on any issue unless we know the relevant facts and hear the arguments of others? How can we build strong, self-governing communities unless we listen to voices representing all who live in them?
- “If you rattle a snake…” The Kenyan government bites its media 5 Mar 2013 | Comments: 1
- Should journalists need a diploma? 16 Aug 2012 | Comments: 1
- Kazeboon: Egypt’s anti-military campaign 5 Apr 2012 | Comments: 1
- Broadcasting a massacre 2 Apr 2012 | Comments: 2
- Hungary’s new media regulation 30 Mar 2012 | Comments: 2